Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Manchester & Beautiful Weather in Bowness!






















Hey Guys!!

We have been having the most incredible weather here, its unbelieveable. It hasnt rained for one full week!!!! Its been sunny and low to mid 20's. Couldnt be nicer!! On my day off last week Salvi and I went for a walk around lake Windermere on this awsome little foot path. I was taken aback by the utter beauty of this area on a sunny day. Posted are a few pictures since it was so beautiful that day!

Yesterday I had the day off and I spent it shopping in Manchester with Sally and Mara. Sally is a manager in the restaurant and Mara works with me in reception. We had a killer time, and literally shopped til we dropped. I got a new coat, boots, sweater and a pair of skinny jeans. Luckily, Azstra, a girl from housekeeping, is a seamstress and she is going to hem my jeans for me (great connection, I know!!!). The train was 21 pounds nd took just over an hour and a half. We visited lots of shops, had lunch in the food court ( I had subway and it took my heart back home) and then we did some wandering around and I rode on the giant wheel!! Posted is a picture of the three of us in the city square, a view from the wheel, and a picture of the wheel from the pub that we stopped at to rest and enjoy a pint. It was a fantastic day, and I was so tired I slept like a baby last night.

I got to take a look at my new room the other day, though I havent been able to move in yet. They are preparing to paint it and install some curtains. But it is nice, more spacious than I thought it would be with a nice size bed and room for a sofa! I will get one from the hotel that has been put in storage. Pretty exciting stuff!

I wasnt feeling well last week, but Im starting to feel better now. I think the lack of vegtables in our staff dinners is the reason my immune system is weak. Ive been making a point to eat more fruit and get more sleep.

The TV in the hotel is very limited and usally full of "rubbish" like Ricky Lake reruns and other junk. But I bought an SNL box set with the best of Will Ferrell, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy and Adam Sandler for 8 pounds!! Pretty amazing deal so Ive been enjoying that.

We took Andres to the airport on Sunday. It was sad to see him go, but i will see him again when I visit Spain in January. I think I will go to Barcelona and get Anne and Salvi to meet up with us there. I can't wait to go. Salvi is here for another week and a half before his contract ends on September 25th. I have that weekend off so we are thinking maybe we will plan to travel somewhere cool before he departs. Its up in the air right now, but it would be really cool to have a quick get-a-away.

My friend Rachel, the head of housekeeping, is currently in Whistler on holidays with her boyfriend. I gave her 5 dollars Canadian and asked her to bring back some Tim Hortons coffee. I also gave her Obies number and he told me that they met up and hung out! Im so jealous that they got to see my Obie San! I hope they are enjoying Canada, and can't wait to hear of their stories!

Well that is all for now. I am constantly buying post cards and asking for addresses, so if you would like one, leave your addy in a comment or email it to me at carlie.wardell@gmail.com.

I miss you all soooo much!!

Endless love,

Carlie

P.s. I forgot to mention my favourite English word in my previous list, instead of saying vaccume, the say "hoover". and instead of saying that they vaccummed something, they say they hoovered it. Its just toooo funny, I can't get over it.
Plus, dinner is called tea. I used to think tea was an afternoon event with crumpets and proper ladies wearing white gloves, but no, it just means dinner. And we call ours "staff tea". Its sometimes okay, sometimes not. What can ye do. I can atleast say that I will have had my share of fish and chips this year!

xoxoxox








No comments:

Post a Comment